Learn what threatens the future of the planet —and how you can do your part to protect it.
- •Melting ice probably isn’t causing extreme winter weather, but there is a connection
- •Recent wildfire smoke was so devastating, scientists used it to study nuclear winter
- •In some heatwaves, fans do more harm than good
- •Your state probably isn't prepared for droughts or floods
- •Tropical Storm Barry's biggest threat is already on the ground
- •These rare blue clouds could be headed your way
Over the next 83 years, climate change's cascading effects will force U.S. residents inward, upward, and away from newly uninhabitable areas.
Everyone loves a good lightning show, but there's an entire display above those billowing clouds that you are probably missing.