Learn what threatens the future of the planet —and how you can do your part to protect it.
These maps show how many people will lose their homes to rising seas—and it’s worse than we thought
Thousands of scientists from 153 countries plead: Do something about the climate emergency
- •An Arctic blast is headed our way this week, and it’s earlier than usual
- •California is primed to burn—but humans aren't exactly helping
- •Weather monitoring tools for amateur meteorologists
- •Durable, stylish umbrellas to replace your flimsy drug store find
- •How some fish are adapted to thrive after catastrophic hurricanes
- •With thousands missing and displaced after Dorian, the Bahamas may soon get hit by a tropical storm
Over the next 83 years, climate change's cascading effects will force U.S. residents inward, upward, and away from newly uninhabitable areas.
Everyone loves a good lightning show, but there's an entire display above those billowing clouds that you are probably missing.