- •We finally have footage of a giant squid in U.S. waters
- •Male ants are pretty much just flying sperm (and other amazing ant facts)
- •Today’s exotic pets are tomorrow’s invasive pests
- •Scientists are still straightening out the history of zebra stripes
- •A red tide devastated Florida marine life for 16 months. Why?
- •Scientists are putting antibiotics into the ocean—on purpose. And it’s our only hope.
- •The 10 worst insect stings in the wild
"I was always very interested in science, and I knew that for me, science was a better long-term career than tennis."
We took 146 years of Popular Science illustrations and covers to animate a kind of PopSci universe—a timeline of great moments in science history.
This is a nautilus story: A chambered nautilus never forgets. Nature's math equation. And finding Captain Nemo…