- •Scientists are still straightening out the history of zebra stripes
- •A red tide devastated Florida marine life for 16 months. Why?
- •Scientists are putting antibiotics into the ocean—on purpose. And it’s our only hope.
- •The 10 worst insect stings in the wild
- •This island is many frogs' last hope for surviving the world's deadliest pathogen
- •Koalas use their noses to find friends and avoid enemies
- •Are we killing off all the wild buffalo that still know how to roam?
"I was always very interested in science, and I knew that for me, science was a better long-term career than tennis."
We took 146 years of Popular Science illustrations and covers to animate a kind of PopSci universe—a timeline of great moments in science history.
This is a nautilus story: A chambered nautilus never forgets. Nature's math equation. And finding Captain Nemo…