- •Why turkeys circle dead things—the creepy vigil, explained
- •We’ve lost almost 3 billion birds in the U.S. and Canada since 1970
- •How some fish are adapted to thrive after catastrophic hurricanes
- •Magnificent ocean ghost stuns scientists
- •Scientists are investigating the secrets of smelly cat butts
- •Male honeybees might blind queens to keep them hive-bound
- •The best wildlife photos of the year remind us that nature is amazing—and brutal
"I was always very interested in science, and I knew that for me, science was a better long-term career than tennis."
We took 146 years of Popular Science illustrations and covers to animate a kind of PopSci universe—a timeline of great moments in science history.
This is a nautilus story: A chambered nautilus never forgets. Nature's math equation. And finding Captain Nemo…