- •Scientists are investigating the secrets of smelly cat butts
- •Male honeybees might blind queens to keep them hive-bound
- •The best wildlife photos of the year remind us that nature is amazing—and brutal
- •Turns out there’s a shocking number of electric eels, and some could give off 1,000 volts
- •New DNA evidence may prove what the Loch Ness Monster really is
- •Oyster architecture could save our coastlines
- •Mammoth ivory may be bad for elephants—but should it be banned?
"I was always very interested in science, and I knew that for me, science was a better long-term career than tennis."
We took 146 years of Popular Science illustrations and covers to animate a kind of PopSci universe—a timeline of great moments in science history.
This is a nautilus story: A chambered nautilus never forgets. Nature's math equation. And finding Captain Nemo…