Excess moisture can cause a host of problems when it’s trapped indoors: it deteriorates books and photos and fuels harmful mold growth. That’s why dehumidifiers, or small appliances that pull water from the air in indoor spaces, exist. Investing in a dehumidifier can ensure the longevity of heirlooms, help keep dust mite allergies at bay, reduce mold risk, and make your home or office more comfortable. Dehumidifiers are also key if you’ve had flooding and as a result, have a basement that’s soaked to the studs. Here are three options to consider if you have a damp space that needs drying out.