Tony Ware is the Associate Managing Editor for PopSci.com (and PopPhoto.com). He’s been writing about how to make and break music since the mid-’90s when his college newspaper said they already had a film critic but maybe he wanted to look through the free promo CDs. Immediately hooked on outlining intangibles, he’s covered everything audio for countless alt. weeklies, international magazines, websites, and heated bar trivia contests ever since. He currently lives in Northern Virginia with his partner and an 8-pound Aussie Shepherd-Japanese Chin mix who loves exploring national parks and impressing the thru-hikers.
- Editorial talent scout and traffic cop, always looking to connect people and products that can introduce readers to transformative tech
- The first person eliminated from the inaugural Atlanta, Georgia, Air Guitar Championships qualifier
- Once promised free drinks all night if he would swear not to do any more karaoke
- Proudly hangs a platinum record gifted by the Ying Yang Twins over the dining room table
- Past byliner for: Insomniac.com, Wine & Spirits, MusicRadar, Spin, RollingStone.com, Mademoiselle, Remix, Magnet, CMJ, URB, XLR8R, Creative Loafing, MTV.com, Miami New Times, The Stranger, SF Weekly, Fader, Jezebel, and others.