This Week In The Future: Vote By Smelling The Candidates’ Baked Goods
In the future, we'll watch leaked footage of the unreleased Baked Goods Battle section of the 2012 presidential debates. Smell-o-vision available.
Want to win this fragrant Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the T-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- Why Is NASA Developing Nasal Spray For The Masses?
- New Version of Classic Marshmallow Experiment Upends Original Conclusions
- PopSci Q&A: How Much Do Presidential Debates Matter?
- Forget Telepresence! Smellepresence Is Here At Last
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- Where Will The Next Pandemic Come From? And How Can We Stop It?
- FYI: Why Does Cheese Taste Better When It’s Melted?
- Rogue Geoengineer Dumps 100 Tons Of Iron Off Canada’s West Coast
- V-Moda M-100 Review: The Headphones That Made Me Love Headphones
- 11 Unbelievable Microscopic Images From Nikon’s 2012 Small World Competition
- Interactive Fractal Tree of Life Zooms In On Earth’s Entire Evolutionary History
- Spontaneous Combustion Is Easier Than You Think
- Infographic: How Close Did Felix Baumgartner Get To The Edge Of Space?
- The Most Technologically Advanced Warship Ever Built
- BeerSci: What Beer’s Key Ingredient Reveals About Our Own Genomes
- Meet Boxee, The Hacker Project Gone Mainstream That Could Get You To Ditch Cable
- GameSci: LittleBigPlanet Karting Gives You Rules Hoping You’ll Break Them
- Where Should We Look For Earth’s Twin?
- Everything You Need To Know About The Deadly Meningitis Outbreak
- Why Felix Baumgartner’s Mission Was Nearly Aborted At The Last Minute