This Week in the Future, July 16-20, 2012
This week’s Baarbarian illustration provokes some questions. Is space relaxing? Can no one being able to hear you scream actually...
This week’s Baarbarian illustration provokes some questions. Is space relaxing? Can no one being able to hear you scream actually be a positive in some respects? These are things to consider as you orbit the Earth on your day off.
Want to win this philosophical Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of their friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the t-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- The First Ever Self-Chilling Can
- Victoria’s Secret Designer is Giving Private Spaceflight a Makeover
- Geoengineers Will Release Tons of Sun-Reflecting Chemicals Into the Air Above New Mexico
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- Riding Along With the Mars Rover Drivers
- Google Nexus Q Review: An Unfinished Orb of Mystery
- Are Nuclear Disasters the New Normal?
- Make Your Own Remote-Control Spy Blimp
- The Adidas miCoach Will Track Real-Time Data From Every Single MLS Player
- Astronomers Spot Ancient Spiral Galaxy From an Era When Spirals Should Not Exist
- Bio-Retina Implant Could Give Laser-Powered Sight to the Blind
- The Goods: July 2012’s Hottest Gadgets