Happy Thanksgiving From PopSci!
The PopSci staff will be out of the office the rest of this week so we can spend some time with our families. (We'll miss you, too.) In the meantime, enjoy our favorite posts from this week.
Want to win this cruisin’ Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the T-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- Great Apes Might Experience Mid-Life Crises Just Like Humans
- Grand Award Winner: Tesla Model S
- FYI: Can You Make An Authentic Twinkie At Home?
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- How Israel’s ‘Iron Dome’ Knocks Almost Every Incoming Missile Out Of The Sky
- Are People Getting Dumber? One Geneticist Thinks So
- The Deep-Space Suit
- Nintendo Wii U Review: Sounds Gimmicky, But Makes Good Games More Good
- BeerSci: How To Drink Your Thanksgiving Meal
- FYI: How Much Weight Can You Gain From Thanksgiving Dinner?
- What ‘Earth-Shaking’ Evidence Did The Mars Rover Curiosity Just Find?
- 7 Tiny Gifts For The Undersized (But Not Underloved) Person In Your Life
- Could A Sonic Weapon Make Your Head Explode?
- How Not To Deep-Fry A Turkey