This Week In The Future: The Blimp Watches You Vote
In the future, donuts.lol will be the highest-trafficked site on the internet. We will all visit it for donut lols.
Want to win this paranoid Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the T-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- How I Hacked An Electronic Voting Machine
- Scientist Wants To Fly A Blimp Over Mountains To Search For Bigfoot
- Why Can’t We Vote By Email Or Text?
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- Archive Gallery: The Science Of Elections
- Did Your Team Win Monday Night Football? And 9 Other Weird Questions That Reveal How You’ll Vote Today
- Thank You, Bravo, For ‘Start-Ups: Silicon Valley’ [Review]
- Dear President Obama: Congratulations! But We Need To Talk.
- Why Do Computer Scientists Want Election Day To Drag On For A Full Week?
- Why Can’t We Stop A Hurricane Before It Hits Us?
- This Is Why Nobody Will Use Credit Cards In A Few Years
- BeerSci: How To Make Beer Foamier
- How The Evil Tech In James Bond Films Evolved Alongside Real-World Fears
- How The Science Of Tribology Could Smooth The Way To A Better Energy System
- 8 Of Stanley Kubrick’s Greatest Technological Innovations
- Your Scrambled Eggs Are Wrong, And Other Cooking Science Lessons From America’s Test Kitchen