We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs. Learn more ›
If you’ve bought a TV recently (or are about to because Prime Day), you’re probably very impressed by the vivid flatscreen but let down by its flat sound. As TVs have gotten thinner, there’s less room for speakers, which still require physical depth to get the best sound possible. Thanks to a Prime Day deal, however, you can score the Polk Audio Signa S4—a low-profile soundbar and subwoofer combo that’ll complete your home theater setup without taking up too much space or cash.
All of these Prime Day deals require an active Amazon Prime Membership. You can sign up here for a free 30-day trial.
Polk Audio S4 Signa $239.40 (Was $399)
The Signa S4 has an understated look that belies just how good the soundbar is. Setting it up took seconds—all you need is an HDMI cable plugged into your TV’s HDMI (ARC) port—and never cut out. Polk outfitted this soundbar with several forward and upward drivers, allowing it to playback Dolby Atmos audio natively. The effect worked okay in our tests, but your experience will depend on the size and shape of your room. What did get our attention was how clear movies and TV shows sounded. I could easily hear explosions and dialogue happening simultaneously without futzing around with audio settings. Quieter movies and shows benefit just as much as action-packed epics.
Polk designed the Signa S4 with a pretty thin shape, so it offloaded bass duties—the driver that requires the most space on a traditional speaker—to a wireless subwoofer. Again, setting up the subwoofer took seconds as it immediately paired with the soundbar upon being plugged in. It’s impressive how much low-end the subwoofer can crank out without distorting, and a big part of the Signa S4’s ability to play back loud sounds rests on its four feet. We’ll be blunt: You’re not going to find a better soundbar at this price.
More Polk Audio Prime Day deals
- Polk Audio T15 Home Theater Bookshelf Speakers, $89.40 (Was $149)
- Polk Audio Atrium 6 Outdoor Speakers with Bass Reflex Enclosure, $239 (was $399)
- Polk MagniFi Mini AX Sound Bar, $299.40 (Was $499)
- Polk Audio PSW10 10″ Powered Subwoofer, $147 (Was $249)
- Polk Audio Atrium 4 Outdoor Speakers, $119.40 (Was $199)
- Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar, $139 (Was $249)
The best of the rest home theater audio options
- Roku Streambar | 4K/HD/HDR Streaming Media Player, Includes Roku Voice Remote $89 (Was $129)
- Bose TV Speaker – Soundbar for TV with Bluetooth and HDMI-ARC Connectivity $199 (Was $279)
- Bose Smart Soundbar 300 with Bluetooth Connectivity and Alexa Voice Control Built-In $299 (Was $449)
- SAMSUNG HW-B57C B-Series 4.1ch Soundbar w/Dolby Audio $179 (was $249)
- SAMSUNG HW-Q700B 3.1.2ch Soundbar w/ Wireless Dolby Audio $367 (was $697)
- SAMSUNG HW-S61B 5.0ch All-in-One Wireless Soundbar w/Dolby Atmos $179 (was $348)
- LG Sound Bar and Wireless Subwoofer S40Q – 2.1 Channel, 300 Watts Output $126 (was $196)
- LG S75Q 3.1.2ch Soundbar with Dolby Atmos DTS:X $296 (was $599)
- Sony HT-S400 2.1ch Soundbar with Powerful Wireless subwoofer, S-Force PRO Front Surround Sound, and Dolby Digital $178 (Was $299)
- Sony HTX8500 2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar with Built-in subwoofer $198 (Was $399)
- Sony HT-A3000 3.1ch Dolby Atmos Soundbar Surround Sound Home Theater $498 (Was $699)
And if you’ve got the room and budget to take your home theater audio experience into the most immersive dimension(s), the Nakamichi Shockwafe Wireless Surround Sound Systems are at their lowest price point of the year.