A live look at humanity's attempts to understand and experience the cosmos.
- •Aliens could be talking to us right now. This scientist is listening.
- •The Milky Way could have dozens of alien civilizations capable of contacting us
- •If life exists on Titan, it’s even weirder than we thought
- •The sustainable voyager’s guide to the galaxy
- •A hundred stars have disappeared—and researchers aren’t ruling out aliens
- •Here’s how life could thrive on a planet orbiting a black hole—and other alternative suns
Could we ever harness our power from a shell of solar collectors positioned around a star? It's called a Dyson Sphere, and was theorized by physicist Freeman Dyson in 1960.
In 1957, a Soviet street dog named Laika launched into space aboard Sputnik-2 and became the first animal to orbit the Earth. This is her story.