This Week in the Future, May 21-25, 2012
No, angler fish! That’s a robot, not whatever you usually eat! But maybe the oil slick on the surface of...
No, angler fish! That’s a robot, not whatever you usually eat! But maybe the oil slick on the surface of the angler’s home is more dangerous than ingesting some gadgetry.
Want to win this ghostly Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of their friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the t-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- Video: Paratrooping Roomba-Style Drone Concept Could Help Clean Oil Spills
- Pumping Well Water Out of the Ground May Be a Culprit in Rising Sea Levels
- A New Way to Keep Deep-Sea Creatures Alive at the Surface
- Giant European Robofish Sniff Out Ocean Pollutants Autonomously
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- The Most Amazing Science Images of the Week, May 21-25, 2012
- There Will Be Enough Giant Phones Sold in 2015 to Pave Monaco
- 2011’s Top 10 New Species: Spongebob Squarepants ‘Shroom, Sneezing Monkey and a Worm From Hell
- Magnetic Jet Injection Device Can Shoot Any Drug Through the Skin, No Needle Required
- Video: Amazing Coating For Bottles’ Interiors Lets Ketchup Flow Like Water
- SpaceX Successfully Launches the First Privately Built Spacecraft to the International Space Station
- FYI: Can Humans Hibernate?
- You Built What?!: A Portable X-Ray Machine