This Week in the Future, May 28-June 1, 2012
Is this week’s Baarbarian illustration a Robert Palmer reference? Or just a horrifying singing tomato with rat backup dancers and...
Is this week’s Baarbarian illustration a Robert Palmer reference? Or just a horrifying singing tomato with rat backup dancers and a shiny grill? Either way it means one thing: it’s time for the weekend.
Want to win this saucy Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of their friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the t-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- Video: Japanese Dentist Invents Self-Stirring Whirlpool Pot
- Algorithm Can Tell If Your Smile is Happy or Born of Frustration
- Tomato Genome Decoded, Will Seed Development of Tastier, Fleshier Fruits
- Video: Play-A-Grill Lets Playas Hear Music Through Their Teeth
- Video: After Robot-Assisted Rehab and a Dose of Chemicals, Paralyzed Rats Walk Again
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- The Most Amazing Science Images of the Week, May 28-June 1, 2012
- Archive Gallery: The Exciting Growth of The Periodic Table
- Researchers Test Space Equipment For Five Days in Austrian Alps
- Finnish Scientists Announce a Possible Universal Allergy Vaccine
- Guess What’s Cooking in the Garage
- The U.S. Military May Blanket Afghanistan in Tiny Spy Sensors That Last for Two Decades