This Week in the Future, July 9-13, 2012
The person in this week’s Baarbarian illustration is facing a triple threat: dodging landmines with that phone, the moon waiting...
The person in this week’s Baarbarian illustration is facing a triple threat: dodging landmines with that phone, the moon waiting to strike, and the corn field that’s prime territory for an alien attack, Signs-style.
Want to win this foreboding Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of their friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the t-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- In Simulation, Moon Dust Found to Be Toxic to Humans
- Strategies for a Changing Planet: Farming
- FYI: Will Climate Change Make it Too Hot Again?
- At the Imagine Cup 2012: A Real-Life Minesweeper App That Detects Buried Landmines
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- FYI: Will Climate Change Make the Weather Too Extreme?
- Kicking Off the 2012 Microsoft Imagine Cup With Student-Made Kinect Projects
- Strategies For a Changing Planet
- FYI: How Can I Protect My Cell Phone Data Records From Law Enforcement Subpoenas?
- Google Nexus 7 Tablet Review: Best of a Weird Breed
- A Stringless Guitar Simulator That Anyone Can Play
- The Most Amazing Images Of The Week, July 9-13, 2012