We’ve made it through another week, which means it’s time to look back at the past five days of science and tech before we move forward into the next. As always, this also means you’ve got a chance to win a t-shirt with Baarbarian’s fantastic PopSci-inspired design. This week, that design includes mice, rats, Androids, and hemp–a winning combination if we’ve ever seen one.
The rules: Pick your favorite of the four stories featured in this week’s Baarbarian masterwork, and tell us why you picked it. You can do that via Twitter (follow us, and use the hashtag #TWitF so we can find you) or comment on the TWitF post on our Facebook page (and, of course, you can just buy the t-shirt here, if you’re into that whole exchanging-currency-for-goods-and/or-services thing, rather than social media contests). The stories are:
- Introducing Kestrel, The First Road-Ready Car Built Out Of Hemp
- Researching Stress, Scientists May Have Accidentally Found Baldness Cure
- PopSci.com’s Mobile App Is Now Available for Android
- This Week in Unforeseen Consequences of Technology: Electric Vehicles Attract Rats
And here are some of our other favorite stories from this week:
- PopSci’s Guide to The Best New Kids’ Toys for Adults
- The Best Images from the 2010 International Science and Engineering Visualization Challenge
- Does Watson Know What It Wants to Learn Next?
- From NACHOS to MAHEM: Naming The World’s Most Advanced Military Tech
- Testing the Goods: HTC’s Inspire 4G* (And That’s a Huge Asterisk)
- The Power Broker: Funding an Energy Revolution
- Subscriptions for Popular Science+ iPad Edition Are Here
- Video: Creepy Madagascan Beasts Rub Their Back Hairs Together To Make Squeaks
- Vise Cakes: Making a Grain Puffer on the Cheap