- Back up books and any other files you have on your Nook.
- Download version 1.0.0 of the Nook software from nookdevs.com to your computer, connect the Nook, and copy the file. Disconnect the Nook when it's finished copying.
- Download the "rooted" 1.4 version of the software, which allows access and hacking. Insert an SD card, and reconnect the Nook to your PC. Your desktop will show the Nook drive as well as a second drive.
- Copy v. 1.4 to the second drive. Eject both drives, and turn the Nook's power off. Turn the power back on, and hold down the upper-right-hand page-flip button until the update sequence has started.
- When the device is done updating, reboot it. To see the applications that come with the software update and add them to the main menu, click "nookLauncher" on the bottom screen.
Black youth have some of the highest suicide rates in America, and we’re only beginning to understand why