This Week in the Future, April 2-6, 2012
As Octavia the hosebot helps her keep her cool, our athlete gets in a few last crunches before her appointment;...
As Octavia the hosebot helps her keep her cool, our athlete gets in a few last crunches before her appointment; all seen through smartglasses. That’s this week in the future.
Want to win this Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of their friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the t-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- Tattooing Teeth With Graphene Could Warn of Bacteria and Dental Decay
- Video: The Navy’s ‘Shoulder-to-Shoulder’ Firefighting Robot’s First Trial By Fire
- Enviropig, the Genetically Engineered Eco-Friendly Pork, Is Off the Table
- Q&A: The Surprising Phenomenon of Exercise-Induced Orgasms
- Video: Google’s Straight-Out-of-Sci-Fi Augmented Reality Glasses
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- The Best of the 2012 New York Auto Show
- How Activist Data Mining Is Penetrating the Veil Around Syria’s Bloody Conflict
- Nokia Lumia 900 Review: Bigger Is Not Always Better
- Crunching the Big Bang With the Greatest Supercomputer Ever Built
- The Internet Goes Local
- Video: ‘Smart Sand’ Could Self-Sculpt into Any Shape, Duplicating Objects Automatically