- Mistletoe: Mistletoe berries are white and appear in clusters.
- Yew berries: A red berry with a hole in the middle. The seed inside is the most toxic part.
- Holly berries: Found on holly bushes, these berries range in color but are usually bright red.
- Jerusalem cherries: Sometimes referred to as Christmas cherries or winter cherries, the berries can be either yellow, orange, or red.
- Bittersweet: This oval-shaped berry is soft, juicy, and red.
- Pokeweed berries: These dark-colored berries appear in grape-like clusters and have dark red stems.
- Ivy berries: Cause nausea and vary in color from dark purple to orange.
- Virginia creeper berries: The berries of this common five-leaved vine are harmful to humans.
- Deadly nightshade: Produces dark-purple, slightly-sweet berries and pale-green, oval leaves.
- Bitter nightshade: Bitter nightshade is an invasive vine with clusters of red berries.
Black youth have some of the highest suicide rates in America, and we’re only beginning to understand why