Filligent Limited BioMask
If face masks come into style this winter, all the smart people will be wearing the BioMask. Its interwoven cellulose fibers bind to bacteria and viruses, and zinc and copper within it kill them by destroying their cell walls, preventing you from inhaling germs or spreading your own around. Lab tests show that when sprayed with 50 times as much influenza A as is contained in a sneeze, the BioMask kills more than 99.9 percent of the flu virus in less than a minute, and all of it after 10, compared with the 50,000 bugs still thriving on a regular mask. Because the snug-fitting mask kills germs on contact, it can be used multiple times a day, unlike conventional one-and-done masks. Currently available in Hong Kong and Europe, it should hit the States early next year.
US price not yet set; filligent.com
BioMask now available in the US via Earthority.com. They just got a small batch in & are accepting orders for future shipments.
Nice to mention that BioMask is available in the Benelux. A firm called Biomask Europe has been granted exclusivity for these 3 countries. I have found their website here;
and I stumbled upon them by reading my daily newspaper on
www.dowell-netherlands.com The latter is really worthwhile visiting!
some more details;
* Advanced anti-viral surgical mask
* Traps & kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses on contact
* Superior breathability & comfort
* Self-sanitizing for ALL-DAY WEAR (ordinary masks need to be replaced 5 times a day) and highly comfortable
* Reduces cross-contamination of hands and surfaces
* Complies with the European Community’s Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC
* CE certified, EN 14683, type IIR medical face mask
Viruses don't have cell walls. In fact, they don't have cells.
Bet it costs a lot.
Best way to kill a virus is to breath it on an anvil, then smack the anvil with a hammer. For good measure, a blow torch will finish it off.