How can we build better bridges, highways and water mains? With new tech, including superconducting power lines, no-dig water pipes, and self-healing pavement. By Adam M. Bright
Mary Lou Jepsen, the engineer behind the "$100 laptop" initiative, has perfected an LCD screen that could finally mean the death of paper. By Lauren Aaronson
Neuroscientists can reconstruct mental images—like the hamburger you're picturing—using a common brain scanner and complex math. Reading your thoughts may well be next. By Lisa Katayama
To fear or not to fear: next-gen nukes, cyborg beetles, and a drug that makes you trust total strangers. We uncover the truth behind creepy research. By Jason Daley
Learn from PopSci's staff photog as he constructs a home packed with eco-innovations. This month: Radio-controlled light switches to save energy easily. By John B. Carnett
- Mammoth Project to Digitize the Tree of Life Could Uncover Thousands of New Species
- A Cannon for Shooting Supplies into Space
- Taking the Guesswork out of Baseball Stats
- New Clean-Fuel Rules For Ships Could Actually Hurt the Environment
- A Faster Yacht, Trading Sails For a Wing
- It's About Time: A Drill-Free Fix For Cavities
- Airwaves Abandoned by TV Could Beam High-Speed Internet Everywhere
- Lenovo Skylight Laptop Surfs For 10 Hours On a Single Charge
- Intel's New Chips Turn PCs into Power Nappers
- The Year's Biggest Auto Releases? Tiny, Fuel-Efficient Cars
- How 3-D TV Works
- Laser-Guided Vacuum Could Best the Roomba
- Five Photo Essentials For Winter Weather
- The Artillery-Grade, 600 MPH Pumpkin Cannon
- Creating Mobile Apps With a Point and a Click
- Theme Building: DIY Snow Vehicles Show Winter Who's Boss
- Gray Matter: Batteries Out of Thin Air
- Ask a Geek: How Can I Find the Best iPhone Apps?
- Which Organs Can I Live Without, and How Much Cash Can I Get for Them?
- Five Reasons Henrietta Lacks is the Most Important Woman in Medical History
I like magazine "Popular Science".It is very interesting magazine about a science. I read it every month. Thanks a lot.
With best regards,
can i downlode the online version for free
or is only for members ?