Having solved the colored bubble dilemma, we spent most of 2006 trying to refine our dyes and the manufacturing process. We had invented several completely new dyes and a few derivatives of existing dyes. But the manufacturing process was long, tedious and expensive. It took three days just to make a few grams of each dye. It quickly became apparent that we needed to radically streamline the production process in order to have a viable product. So we went back to Monster.com in search of another PhD chemist. And, as luck would have it, we found one in our backyard. Robert Balchunis had spent years helping 3M scale new technologies and, after just a few short months, was able to apply his knowledge to the Zubbles technology. He was able to take a three-day process involving expensive equipment, exacting conditions and numerous steps, down to a simple 30-minute process. Armed with a great product, and a simplified process, we began talking to various toy companies.