July 2012: The Future of the Environment
Features The Battle Over Climate Science Climate scientists routinely face death threats, hate mail, nuisance lawsuits and political attacks. How...
The Battle Over Climate Science
Climate scientists routinely face death threats, hate mail, nuisance lawsuits and political attacks. How much worse can it get? By Tom Clynes
Are nuclear disasters the new normal? By Steve Featherstone
Strategies For a Changing Planet
- Awareness By David Roberts
- Shelter By Kalee Thompson
- Food By Frederick Kaufman
- Farming By Maggie Koerth-Baker
- Water By Elizabeth Royte
- If All Else Fails… By Damon Tabor
- The Goods: July 2012’s Hottest Gadgets
- Engineers Master Bicycle Aerodynamics With the Cervélo P5
- A Wood-Burning Camp Stove That Doubles As A Gadget Charger
- Can the All-Electric Ford Focus Get Traction?
- The First Ever Self-Chilling Can
- Intel’s New Processor Powers a Range of Ultra-Slim Laptops
- How Wireless Charging Will Keep Toxic Waste Out of Landfills
- A Plan For Airships That Might Finally Take Off
- The Bio-Retina Implant Could Give Sight to the Blind, With Laser Power
- How Astronauts Train at the Bottom of the Sea
- Rough Sketch: “A Snail Could Be Used as a Battery”
- Our Web Videos Reveal More Than We Realize, and Perhaps More Than We Want
- You Built What?!: A 14-Ton Pizzeria on Wheels
- A Stringless Guitar Simulator That Anyone Can Play
- Project of the Month: An Autonomous Lawn Mower
- Web App of the Month: Trap!t
- FYI: What’s the Hottest the Earth Has Ever Gotten?
- FYI: Will Climate Change Make it Too Hot Again?
- FYI: Will Climate Change Make the Weather Too Extreme?