Also in today’s links: wi-fi in the air, strange organs and more.
- The writer’s opening metaphor left me scratching my head, but these pictures of the otolithic organs of fish are strange and fascinating.
- Researchers revisited an episode from 1966 where a failed vaccine led to the death of two toddlers — and think they’ve figured out what went wrong.
- I seriously wondered if this was a very early April Fool’s Day joke, but there’s no sign that it is: In Japan, railroads are installing blue streetlights at train stations in hopes that they’ll deter people bent on suicide.
- For all those business travelers who love to fly because of the temporary reprieve it offers from 24×7 online accessibility, don’t book a flight on Delta: the airline plans to join Virgin, American, and JetBlue in offering wireless Internet access on some commuter flights.
- It’s Monday. That was probably more thinking than your brain wanted to do. So here are some gorgeous pictures of dew-covered insects.