- Has 360-degree coverage and "can actively respond to various land environments under changing light conditions."
- Can be integrated with soldier's equipment.
- Ideally, will not require a power supply. If it does require a power supply, it "should last a minimum of four hours and weigh no more than two pounds" including batteries and connections.
- Reflects infrared light the same way as other army uniforms
- Works in a range of terrain, including desert, forest, urban areas, jungle, and mountains.
- Works below freezing and at temperatures above 95 degrees Fahrenheit, in high wind, in stormy weather, and in smoke, dust, or fog