Casey Crownhart is a science and technology journalist based in New York.
Originally from Birmingham, Alabama, Casey moved to Boston to study at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where she earned her B.S. in Chemical Engineering and Literature. After several years working for a start-up in sustainable materials, Casey traded in her lab coat for a notebook and began her journalism career, earning her M.A. in Journalism from New York University’s Science, Health, and Environmental Reporting Program.
Casey now writes about the environment, technology, and how humans affect the world around us. Her work has appeared in outlets like MIT Technology Review, Atlas Obscura, and Envrionmental Health News.
- What it will take to unleash the potential of geothermal power Technology Review
- A New Route to Hardier Rice: Tweak its Microbiome Modern Farmer
- Behold Brine Shrimp, the Livestock of Utah's Great Salt Lake Atlas Obscura
- Use of disinfectants has soared, sparking new examination of ingredients Environmental Health News
- Bio-inspired soft robotics are making a splash in ocean research Scienceline