- Google search will now show you which local doctors accept Medicare
You can now filter search results by accepted insurances and see what languages a doctor’s office accommodates for.
- Here’s how to see Leonard’s Comet, the brightest comet all year
Don’t miss this rock before it gets tossed out of the solar system.
- Keep your online accounts safe by logging out today
Don’t leave any doors open for intruders.
- The top sports and outdoor gear of 2021
This new equipment for getting outside and staying active is the Best of What’s New.
- The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is a ‘raft of life’ for animals in the open ocean
Little travelers are plentiful in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, but their ecological impacts are still a mystery.
- Razer Wolverine V2 Chroma Xbox controller review: A wired revival
After many years, the Wolverine Ultimate finally gets a glow up with the Razer Wolverine V2 Chroma.
- NASA is spending big on commercial space destinations
Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin is among the companies receiving funding.
- Your up-to-date guide on international travel during the pandemic
Will omicron affect your travel plans?
- Meet the ‘Spy Stone,’ a Russian robot disguised as a rock
The prototype can move around and transmit audio and video, too.
- Tesla’s four-wheeler for kids is already sold out
Assembly is required.
- Only getting audio in one earbud? Here’s how to fix this macOS bug.
There’s even an app for that.
- The best cheap laptops to take on the go—without breaking your budget
Work (or play) when and where the spirit moves you with the best cheap laptops.
- The most transformative security innovations of 2021
A vacuum for cookie crumbs (on the internet, that is), an amphibious boat that does more than float, and more of the Best of What’s New.
- 10 free Photoshop and other alternative programs you need to try
Top-quality software that costs nothing.
- 12 top vacuums on sale this Cyber Week
Ring in the new year with a sparkling clean home.
- This 30-pound eagle would take down 400-pound prey and dig through their organs
A stone cold killer and a shrewd scavenger.
- 9 game-changing home products of 2021
Whether they solve small problems or big ones, they’re the Best of What’s New.
- These urologists are setting the record straight about penises and COVID
The virus kills boners. Vaccines don’t.
- There are better ways to organize your open computer windows
Bring some order out of chaos.
- Why Spotify’s music recommendations always seem so spot on
Spotify knows what you like to hear, and isn’t afraid to tell you.
- The hottest entertainment innovations of 2021
We needed distractions more than ever this year, and these devices helped provide it—each earning a spot among the Best of What’s New.
- 6 apps for when you need an alarm to go off multiple times a day
No, this is not a built-in feature.
- Physicists just gifted us ‘quantum spin liquid,’ a weird new state of matter
For decades, quantum spin liquid had existed only as a theory.
- DARPA’s solution to the military’s plastic trash problem? Eat it.
Turning an empty water bottle into new material, like protein powder or gun lubricant, could help create a useful purpose for trash.
- 14 best turmeric supplements
We’ll show you what to look for in turmeric supplements today. We’re featuring Elm & Rye Turmeric supplements and others that help you get relief from inflammation and improve cholesterol.
- On this blisteringly hot metal planet, a year lasts only 8 hours
The years are extremely short and hot on planet GJ 367b.
- Flight bans won’t stop Omicron
The virus is coming from inside the house.
- The feats of engineering that dazzled us in 2021
The Best of What’s New in engineering helps us adapt to the realities of an ever-changing world.
- New information may explain why the AstraZeneca COVID vaccine caused blood clots
Understanding the trigger for this rare condition may help prevent future cases.
- How the US census inspired the personal computer
The company founded to mechanically sort census data eventually became IBM.
- What makes an eco-resort truly sustainable?
Not every ‘green’ vacation lives up to standards.
- Subscribe to the internet’s favorite apps: 40 percent off this Cyber Week
Supercharge your productivity with these programs.
- The most high-flying aerospace innovations of 2021
A major airline turns to artificial intelligence for help, a drone that can refuel fighter jets, and more airborne innovations are the Best of What’s New.
- Twitter’s new policy aims to protect private individuals in photos
The change is focused on curbing abuse through media shared without consent.
- The most innovative personal care products of 2021
The Best of What’s New in beauty, wellness, and at-home fitness helped make another stay-at-home season that much more bearable.
- This new Air Force helmet won’t be such a pain in the neck for pilots
The Next Generation Fixed Helmet should take a weight off fighter pilots’ heads—especially at nine Gs.
- The Omicron variant is officially in the US
The latest variant has officially made its way stateside.
- A newfound South American dinosaur had a tail like a war club
The fossil shows that armored dinosaurs relied on three different kinds of tail weaponry.
- The greatest automotive innovations of 2021
Electric vehicles, an innovative owner’s manual, and lots of pickup trucks headline this year’s Best of What’s New.
- This bird-legged quadcopter can easily perch in the treetops
The new design could open up the possibility for more adaptable landing gear.
- 3 ways to hide photos and files on your phone
Stay out, creeps!
- The best smart speakers for any budget
The best smart speakers speak to you sonically, aesthetically, and functionally—whether you’re Team Siri, Google, or Alexa.
- Arctic rainfall will surpass snowfall by 2060, predictions show
The shift from snow to rain in Arctic falls will have global repercussions.
- The most innovative gadgets of 2021
Chips from some of the world’s biggest tech companies shined through supply chain woes to both earn spots among this year’s Best of What’s New.
- Save an extra 20 percent on a full iMac setup this Cyber Week
Upgrading your workspace doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Can’t get a gift in time? Here are 14 you can make yourself.
You’ve got less than a month, but you can do it!
- 8 ‘insignificant’ creatures that will make you dream about the ocean
A new photo book from the makers of ‘My Octopus Teacher’ tracks the many mysteries off the coast of South Africa.
- The top 10 health and medicine breakthroughs of 2021
From novel vaccines to an ultra-sharp CT scanner, these are the Best of What’s New.
- What to do if your iPhone home screen disappears
Even if all your home screens are accounted for, you could still learn a fun new trick.
- ‘Lithium Valley’ could save one of the most polluted areas in California
Sustainable lithium extraction is necessary for a renewable-energy and EV friendly future, but mining has traditionally been tricky.
- Hidden fungal networks cover the world—and soon they’ll be mapped
Carbon-absorbing networks are another reason to love mushrooms.