As a contributor to Popular Science’s reviews team, Terri Williams covers all things tech, from smart doorbells to webcams. She’s also provided research for Popular Science’s Best of What’s New awards. In addition to working with PopSci, she’s written reviews for Architectural Digest, Popular Mechanics, Tom’s Guide, CNN Underscored, The Daily Beast, and several other sites.
- Covers tech all over, including CNN Underscored, Tom’s Guide, and The Daily Beast.
- Writes about topics beyond tech for The Economist, Architectural Digest, and more.
- She’s also contributed 3 chapters to A Guide to Digital Ethics, published by Loyola University Chicago Center for Digital Ethics and Policy.
Since 2021, Terri Williams has covered the wide world of consumer technology for Popular Science. She’s also written product reviews, how-tos, and guides on a wide array of tech-related topics for many publications of note, including CNN Underscored, Popular Mechanics, Tom’s Guide, NBC News, USA Today, and The Daily Beast.
Terri also frequently covers business, real estate, and home improvement for Architectural Digest, Insider, Bob Vila, Realtor.com, Real Simple, Homes & Gardens, Real Homes, The Balance, and Apartment Therapy.
Terri graduated from The University of Alabama at Birmingham with a Bachelor of Arts in English, and she minored in Philosophy.
Favorite weird science fact
The Weather Girls dreamed about a world where “It’s Raining Men,” but I prefer to think about life on Neptune and Uranus, where it actually rains diamonds.
- Best of What’s New: 9 Game-Changing Home Products of 2021 Popular Science
- Tom’s Guide: The Best Logitech Webcams Tom's Guide
- The Best Smart Doorbells to Protect Your Person, Property, and Packages Popular Science
- The Best Drawing Tablets Are Your 21st Century Sketch Pad Popular Science
- The Best Percussion Massagers to Soothe Aching Muscles Popular Science
- Portfolio Terri Williams