- 2,034: New vascular plant species discovered in 2015. ("Vascular" just means it has specialized tubes for delivering water and nutrients throughout the plant. This includes pretty much everything except mosses and algae.)
- 31,128: The number of plant species with a documented use. The largest number of these (17,810) are used for medicine.
- 2.3 million The number of square kilometers of forest that disappeared in 2015. That's 888,035 square miles.
- 4,979: The number of plant species that are considered invasive.
- 1 in 5: The proportion of plant species that are threatened with extinction. 31 percent of those, or 9,012 species are threatened with extinction due to agricultural reasons.