- Everyone in the audience has their vision blocked by Samsung Gear VR headsets which means...
- ...they can't see what's going on around them, allowing Zuckerberg to pass by completely unnoticed.
- Zuckerberg's face has an odd expression on it, what I would characterize as some mixture of intense focus, manic glee, and trepidation. (To be fair, he has repeatedly admitted over the years that he gets nervous before big public talks.)
- It's not just that everyone in the audience has their vision blocked; they are also all looking in different directions and have various expressions, each of them lost in his or her own (mostly his) view of the virtual world.
- Altogether, the photo is eerily reminiscent of fictional depictions of an enslaved or pacified population. It doesn't help that Zuck, who has stated world-changing ambitions and counts 1.6 billion active users of Facebook the social network, is the only one pictured without a headset...
Black youth have some of the highest suicide rates in America, and we’re only beginning to understand why