A live look at humanity's attempts to understand and experience the cosmos.
- •This distant world is a lot like Earth, but you wouldn't want to live there
- •We're one step closer to tracking down another Earth
- •That giant cigar that zipped through our solar system definitely wasn’t a spaceship
- •NASA caught a sudden whiff of methane on Mars, but don’t hold your breath for space cows
- •Where are all the aliens? Struggling and hustling, just like us
- •Rosalind Franklin missed out on a Nobel, but now she'll help look for life on Mars
Could we ever harness our power from a shell of solar collectors positioned around a star? It's called a Dyson Sphere, and was theorized by physicist Freeman Dyson in 1960.
In 1957, a Soviet street dog named Laika launched into space aboard Sputnik-2 and became the first animal to orbit the Earth. This is her story.