- Replay would be used only for home run calls, including fair or foul, hitting the foul pole and fan interference.
- Reviews could only be implemented by the home plate umpire (not by the teams).
- Reviews would take place at a "War Room" in a remote MLB office.
- A replay umpire in the "War Room" would review the play using all available angles. The home plate ump would never see the footage but speak directly with the replay umpire.
- The final decision would remain with the home plate ump, based on his conversation with the replay ump. The replay umpire would be specifically instructed not to suggest a ruling but merely describe what he sees.