This (Past) Week in the Future: September 21-25
The Future–what a place. A time more than a place, perhaps, but here at PopSci, a tangible thing. To wit:...
This Week in the Future, September 21-25, 2009
The Future–what a place. A time more than a place, perhaps, but here at PopSci, a tangible thing. To wit: our future world where we’ll sniff stem cells, control cyborg beetles and film HD video–all in space. Here, a glimpse of said future, as illustrated by some of the best stories of the week.
Here’s what we can all look forward to:
- We’ll take HD video from space via hydrogen balloons whenever we feel like it.
- We’ll snort stem cells to fix our brains, rather than opening our skulls with surgery
- We will finally get to remote-control a cyborg beetle in flight–if DARPA lets us
- We’ll cower in shame at the inadequacy of our toy laser tag guns while NASA blasts one of their spacecraft with a giant beam from 250,000 miles
- And finally, we’ll continue to welcome India to the club of space-faring nations after they’ve launched seven satellites with a single rocket
Until next week, this is the future!
[This week’s future vision rendered by Baarbarian]