What Makes Us Special
Bullying, gross-out humor, and other reasons to be proud to be human
Also in today’s links: two options for the future: teleportation and armageddon.
- Here’s a question: are humans the only animals that are just plain mean?
- And are we the only ones that can be juvenile? Regardless — here’s a slideshow containing pictures of fossilized feces, and what it looks like when the earth farts.
- Speaking of gross things, eating worms may do you good. Studies are finding support for the ‘hygiene hypothesis,’ the idea that when babies take in dirt and other gross things, they’re strengthening their immune system.
- Nobody’s going to be beamed up any time soon, but scientists have made a breakthrough in the field of teleportation.
- Some people just want an excuse to panic, it seems. Survivalists and other kooks are fixating on the date 12/21/2012, which is the end date of a cycle of a Mayan calendar.