Today's link arsenal offers choices for fighting malaria
Also: rich kids vs. smart kids, solar collectors and more.
- If I’d asked you what group has the highest rates of lung cancer in the world, I’m going to bet you wouldn’t have come up with the Canadian Inuit people. But they do.
- Before excitement for solar energy declines along with gas prices, maybe something will come of these solar concentrator sheets, which can capture light from nearly any angle.
- In a finding sure to inspire class warfare, class apologists, or perhaps some classless gloating, Berkeley researchers have found differences in the brain function of rich kids and poor kids.
- Here’s a case where a mosquito bite could be a good thing — if it’s from the kind of insect that might “vaccinate” its victim against malaria.
- Or, if that doesn’t work out, another malaria vaccine is on the horizon.