- We wish all complex ideas could be presented to the public with interpretive dances, just like these. Confused about the fiscal crisis? Jazz hands to the rescue! Unsure how to make a souffle? Glissee tour jete!
- In other performance art news, a robot made its theatrical debut (both for itself and all of its kind) at Japan's Osaka University.
- A grape-sized single cell organism rolls itself along the ocean floor, leaving tracks similar to ones found dating back 530 million years.
- Two men face up to eight years in prison because of a device for passing drug tests that is high-tech but low-class.
- How'd you like to be the astronaut who dropped a $100,000 tool kit in space? Luckily, her unwieldy last name probably prevents this from becoming known as "pulling a Stefanyshyn-Piper."
Check out the year's best research on cube-shaped poop, magnetic cockroaches, and toasty scrotums