As the International Space Station zooms past a space berry to splash down in the ocean, dolphins with superpowers look on. Welcome to this week in the future.
Want to win this gorgeous a Baarbarian illustration, on a t-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of their friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the t-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- Amateur Astronomer Discovers Blue-Raspberry-Shaped Planetary Nebula
- When the International Space Station is Finished in 2020, We’re Crashing It Into the Ocean
- Things We Can Learn From Dolphins: Electro-Sensing, Amazing Powers of Healing
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- Tasting Scotch Whisky, Note By Vacuum-Distilled Note
- The Goods: August 2011’s Hottest Gadgets
- Is Trypophobia a Real Phobia?
- Steamy Cloud Servers Installed In Homes and Businesses Could Be Used As Furnaces