This Week in the Future, February 21-25, 2011
For this week’s TWitF, resident artist Baarbarian has put together a portrait of the modern man. Desperate, alone, undead (metaphorically), … Continued
For this week’s TWitF, resident artist Baarbarian has put together a portrait of the modern man. Desperate, alone, undead (metaphorically), with only the comfort of alcohol to get him through his wintry days, the modern man can barely derive any enjoyment even from a Clipse video made with a Microsoft Kinect. Truly, these are dark times. (Subtext: Why isn’t it spring yet?)
But! There is hope, provided your definition of “hope” includes the possibility of winning a t-shirt with a drunk gambling zombie on it, and why wouldn’t it?
The rules: Pick your favorite of the four stories featured in this week’s Baarbarian masterwork, and tell us why you picked it. You can do that via Twitter (follow us, and use the hashtag #TWitF so we can find you) or comment on the TWitF post on our Facebook page (and, of course, you can just buy the t-shirt here, if you’re into that whole exchanging-currency-for-goods-and/or-services thing, rather than social media contests). The stories are:
- Science Tricks the Brain Into Experiencing Having Three Arms
- FYI: Could Scientists Really Create a Zombie Apocalypse Virus?
- Cell Phone Use Affects Brain Activity, According to New Study
- Clipse Video Shot With Kinect Camera
- The Bar Is Open: A Slot Machine That Pays In Drinks
And let’s not forget our other favorite stories from the past week:
- FYI: If I Fell Through The Earth, What Would Happen In The Center?
- This Is the Smallest Computer Ever
- Bendable Microchips: The World’s First Organic Microprocessor Is Unveiled
- Testing the Goods: Motorola Xoom, the First Real Android Tablet
- As Shuttle Program Winds Down, Astronauts Weigh A Future With No Spaceship To Fly
- Discovery Launches on Final Mission Toward a Busy International Space Station
- Archive Gallery: PopSci Envisions Your Future Home