Aww, look at the cute robot-wrestler couple, out cruising on their robot date. He’s using his new-found touchscreen manipulation skills to find the restaurant, while she pilots them GM’s prototype pod-car. Meanwhile, her thoughts are literally legible on her face, and the benevolent overlords of DARPA watch over us all.
Welcome to the future.
This week’s future news:
- GM Presents Your Future Two-Wheeled Electric Ride for the City
- Video: Robot Finger Tests and Ranks Smartphone Touchscreen Performance
- The Best Robo-One Vids: Combat, Carnage and At Least One Jacko Tribute
- Cracking the Poker Face: Your Eyes Betray the Numbers on Your Mind
- DARPA Bounces Smart Radar Off Buildings to Track Individual Urban Vehicles From the Sky
Meanwhile, leave a comment (any comment) to put your name in the pile to win this image on a T-shirt; we’ll randomly choose and announce our winner right here. And, if you just can’t wait that long, you can buy the shirt for yourself here.
Until next time, enjoy our past weekly illustrated roundups.