This week has been the gift that keeps giving, as far as the future’s concerned. What could be better than android astronauts, and turtles launched into space? Or the opportunity to wipe your last company progress report all over your you-know-what? We’ve rounded it all up for you in another installment of This Week in the Future.
Check out this week’s future news, after the jump.
- Say Hello to Robonaut2, NASA’s Android Space Explorer of the Future
- Tough, Lightweight Synthetic Honeybee Silk Could Revolutionize Textiles, Composites
- Iran Launches Turtles Into Space, Plans Satellite Mission Soon
- Insulin Can Now Be Made Cheaply from Flowers
- Japanese Shredder Turns Old TPS Reports Into Fresh Rolls of Toilet Paper
After all that good news, we’ve got a little reward for you. It is Friday, after all. We’re giving away a t-shirt. So don’t say we never show you that we care.
Leave a comment (any comment) to put your name in the pile; we’ll randomly choose and announce our winner right here on Friday, February 19. And, if you just can’t wait that long, you can buy the shirt for yourself here. Good Luck!
Congratulations to last week’s winner, PopSci user “Beckster.”
Until next time. Enjoy our past weekly illustrated roundups here.