What a week. A robot pathologist finds a victorious Japanese solar race cars in a cadaver. Cancer-immune mole rats smoke with impunity, while genetically engineered flowers scrub the air of pollutants. Sign me up for this future.
Some of our favorite stories this week:
- A Japanese team wins the annual Global Green Challenge, crossing Australia in their solar car over four days
- Toyota plants carbon-scrubbing flowers outside their Prius plants
- A helmet-mounted radar for soldiers gives them 360-awareness of potential threats
- Scientists investigate further the curious case of the hideous mole rat, which seems to be immune to cancer
- And a robot pathologist performs ultra-precise autopsies all by itself
Love our graphic? Win this t-shirt!
Leave a comment (any comment) to put your name in the pile; we’ll randomly choose and announce our winner right here next Friday, November 6. And, if you just can’t wait that long, you can buy the shirt for yourself here. Good Luck!
Congratulations to last week’s winner, PopSci user “thething.”
Until next time. Enjoy our past weekly illustrated roundups here.