by John B. Carnett
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The “Robot Kit” Contest is open to residents of the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are at least 18 years of age. Employees and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Popular Science magazine, Time4 Media, Time Inc., and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. All entries become the property of Popular Science and may be used in the future at the sole discretion of Popular Science.
1. How to Enter: Tell us what you would build with the 500-piece Vex Robotics Design System! If you have an original and interesting idea, email your submission to: email@example.com. Entries are welcome through June 30, 2005. All entries become the property of Popular Science. Popular Science will not acknowledge receipt of entries. Entries will not be returned.
2. Judging: The editors of Popular Science will judge the entries based on the following criteria: originality and viability.
3. Prizes: Three Winners will be chosen from among the entries. The Winners will be awarded with a Vex Robotics Design System. Approximate Retail Value will be $300.
4. Winners: The winners will be notified by email. Winners will be required to complete an Affidavit of Promotional Liability Release, which must be signed and received within 14 days of notification, or an alternate winner will be selected. Any claims relating to this contest shall be governed by New York law without regard to its conflict of law, rules, and any such claim must be heard in New York.
5. Conditions: Entry constitutes permission to use the entrants name, photograph and other likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade and promotion on behalf of Popular Science without compensation, notification or approval, unless prohibited by law. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original, non-published, and does not infringe the rights or intellectual property claims of any third parties.
6. Sponsor: The Sponsor for the Contest is Popular Science Magazine, 2 Park Ave., 9th Floor, New York, NY 10036. The administrator of the Contest is Popular Science.