Sponsored Post: CSX Environmental Tips
At CSX, we are dedicated to doing what we can to help protect the environment for tomorrow, and we want to empower individuals to do the same. We have compiled a short list of tips that are easy to implement but can make a significant difference.
If you have your own ideas for how you can help protect the environment for tomorrow, go to thetomorrowmovesproject.com, enter your idea, and you may win $5,000.
Tips to Help Protect the Environment for Tomorrow:
• Reduce, reuse and recycle. It may be cliché, but it still holds true. Reducing your usage, reusing what you can – such as buying used instead of new products – and recycling your trash are still the easiest ways to make a difference.
• Plant trees around your home. Trees absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, produce oxygen, provide homes for birds and other wildlife, reduce noise pollution and help cool your home.
• Drop the car keys and start walking. As the weather gets warmer, it becomes easier to walk to nearby destinations, which saves fuel, reduces the number of cars on the road and is a great form of exercise.
• Change the light bulbs. Replace incandescent light bulbs in your home with compact fluorescent light bulbs, which use less energy and last eight to 15 times longer.
• Adjust the thermostat. Every day, tons of money and energy are wasted on heating and cooling empty houses. Turn your thermostat up in the summer and down in the winter when you are away to help the environment and your wallet.
• Use ceiling fans. A few well-placed ceiling fans or regular fans can help cool your home on summer days and reduce the need for air conditioning.