Learn what threatens the future of the planet —and how you can do your part to protect it.
- •This photographer chases the Midwest’s most dramatic storms. Here are some of his favorite shots.
- •The latest summer forecast calls for deadly heat waves
- •Five wild facts about the Saharan dust plume before it hits the US
- •Beach umbrellas that throw shade on all others
- •Wacky weather punched a new hole in the ozone—and it could happen again
- •The Great Lakes are higher than they’ve ever been, and we’re not sure what will happen next
Over the next 83 years, climate change's cascading effects will force U.S. residents inward, upward, and away from newly uninhabitable areas.
Everyone loves a good lightning show, but there's an entire display above those billowing clouds that you are probably missing.