- Take apart a router and install OpenWRT.
- Configure the OpenWRT installation, download required packages, and install the Wi-Fi radio software.
- Build the interface hardware. Connect the display and rotary encoder to the Arduino, and the Arduino to the router's serial port.
- Build the intermediary circuit board with the rest of the support circuitry, such as the voltage regulator and switch debounce.
- Build the amplifier kit, connect the speakers, and hook up the USB audio adapter.
- Install the power supply, and wire the power connections.
- Configure your Last.fm account and your Internet radio stations via the Web interface.