Celebrate Hanukkah by building your own menorah
A fun project you can make with kids for less than $10.
Hanukkah is quickly approaching, and every home celebrating the Festival of Lights needs a menorah. This project is quick, easy, and one you can make with kids and use for years to come.
- Time: 15 minutes
- Cost: Less than $10
- Difficulty: Easy
Tools & Materials
- One (optionally two) ceramic wall tile(s)
- 10 lug nuts (A 3/8-inch lug nut should fit the standard Hanukkah candle, but bring a candle with you to the hardware store and check the size before buying.)
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue one lug nut in the center of the tile. Use more glue to fill in the center of the lug nut.
- Evenly space and hot glue four lug nuts on both sides of the center nut. Do not fill.
- Hot glue the final lug nut on top of the center nut. Do not fill.
- (Optional) Hot glue a second tile perpendicular to the first, forming a back for your menorah.