Quinn Gawronski joined Popular Science in April 2021 as an Editorial Assistant. Since then, she has covered everything from solar-powered headphones to the best home workout gear. Currently, she lives in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, where she spends her spare time reading, drawing, thrift-shopping, and exploring the city.
- Expertise and interests: Culture, politics, headphones/earbuds, beauty, and sustainability.
- Education: Graduated from Syracuse University’s Newhouse School in 2020, where she majored in journalism and political science.
- Other publication experience: NBC News, TODAY, Meredith, Swirled, and Society19.
ExperienceQuinn joined the Newhouse program during her sophomore year and dove headfirst into the realm of journalism, working as an editor and writer for five campus publications simultaneously. During her senior year Quinn was the editor-in-chief of the campus magazine University Girl, and produced a 50-page digital magazine during the outset of the coronavirus pandemic. Apart from campus organizations, Quinn interned at Swirled, Society19, and NBC News within the NBC BLK, NBC Out, and NBC Latino verticals. Her interests are broad in scope, but include culture, environment, politics, and race and gender issues. At Recurrent Ventures, Quinn works with the commerce team at Popular Science to find the best in gadgets and tech. She is interested in sourcing sustainable picks for readers—and has had hands-on experience with innovative and eco-conscious gear.
EducationIn 2020, Quinn graduated summa cum laude from Syracuse University and the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications with degrees in Newspaper and Online Journalism and Political Science (a mouthful, to be sure). She spent her first semester living abroad in Strasbourg, France, and another semester her senior year at the Newhouse NYC campus.
Favorite Weird Science FactA sheep can survive for over a week buried in a snow drift.
- Urbanista Los Angeles headphones review: Something new under the sun Popular Science
- Recyclable wrapping paper, and other eco-friendly options for festive gifts Popular Science
- Transgender Latina makes history as Evangelical Lutheran pastor NBC News
- Queens & Kings: Trexx’s Stars of Drag Unveiled Medley Magazine
- Leila's Dinette: A proud legacy of good food and a 'save haven' for activists NBC News
- Portfolio Quinn Gawronski