Another Hazardous Toy

Lead is one thing, but roofies? This is getting ridiculous.

U.S. officials have pulled 4.2 million of the China-made arts and crafts beads called Aqua Dots from shelves. The little beads, if ingested, can cause kids to become comatose, experience respiratory problems or even have seizures. Several cases have been reported in the U.S. and in Australia.

Once swallowed, a chemical in the toy metabolizes, converting into the date-rape drug GHB. And this isn't just some random little gift gathering dust on the top of a few toy store shelves. It's extremely popular: It made Wal-Mart's list of top 12 Christmas toys. Needless to day, it probably won't get up there again this year.—Gregory Mone