This Week In The Future: From Tiny Drones, With Love
In the future, lovebirds will save the Postal Service.
Want to win this awesome Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the T-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- Romantic Jays Take Care To Feed Their Mates What They Particularly Crave
- 5 Technological Solutions To Save The Struggling Postal Service
- Majority Of Foodborne Illness Caused By Green Vegetables
- British Troops Deploy The Teeniest Recon Drone
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- Creating Solid Nitrogen In The Kitchen
- Scientists 3-D Print With Human Embryonic Stem Cells
- Scientists Reconstruct Scampering Common Ancestor Of All Us Placental Mammals
- Coming Soon To The Coolest Classrooms: A Box Full Of Robots
- FYI: Do Zombies Experience Consciousness?
- BeerSci: A Decade-Old Beer Is Gross, Right?
- Microsoft Surface Pro Review: The Weirdest Mainstream Laptop You Can Buy
- FYI: What Causes Muscle Twitches?
- Watch A Ping-Pong Ball Break The Sound Barrier, And Then A Ping-Pong Paddle
- Awesome Vintage Science Illustrations By The Founder Of Popular Science
- Make Your Own Doorbell Spy Cam
- The Goods: February 2013’s Hottest Gadgets
- How Leeches Can Track Down The World’s Rarest Animals
- Watch The Solomon Islands Earthquake Travel All The Way To Michigan
- How Do Researchers Feed Thousands Of Bloodthirsty Bed Bugs?
- 11 Surreal Works Of Art Inspired By Space