This Week In the Future: Spice Up Your Turtle’s Coffee
In the future, origami pets will need love, too.
Want to win this caffeinated Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the T-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- FYI: What Is Deer Antler Spray, And Why Would A Football Player Use It?
- A Field Guide To Caffeinating Yourself Into Oblivion [Infographic]
- Family’s Pet Tortoise Found Alive, After 30 Years, In Locked Storeroom
- The Genius Who Plays For A Living
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- Popular Science Is Building The Telepresent Robotic Boss Of The Future
- One Small Pawprint: Meet The Astro-Animals That Went Before Iran’s Space Monkey
- Mercedes’ New Safety Tech Aims To End Wrong-Way Driving
- FYI: Do Men Really Fall Apart When A Female Soldier Gets Killed?
- Gray Matter: How To Make Cheap Fake Gold
- Remembering The Brightest Lessons From NASA’s Darkest Days
- How To Save The Electrical Grid
- Researchers Capture A Zebrafish’s Thought Process On Video
- Popular Science Q&A: How NASA Selected The 2013 Class Of Astronauts
- Jackets Grown From Bacteria And 10 More Feats Of Bio-Engineering
- A Shark In The Hallway And Other Amazing Images From This Week
- FYI: What Gives Ravens Quarterback Joe Flacco His Mutant-Like Arm?
- 9 Amazing Images That Turn Science Into Art
- Are We Running Out Of Scientific Geniuses?
- By The Numbers: The U.S.’s Warmest Year Yet [Infographic]
- NASA Will Launch A 13,000-Square-Foot Solar Sail Next Year