This Week In The Future: Panda Versus Robot
In the future, a robot still won't be able to eat like a panda.
Want to win this competitive Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the T-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- How Birds Learn To Sing
- This Robot Vomits So You Won’t Have To
- Giant Panda Genome Holds Recipe For Powerful Antibiotic
- FYI: Why Do We Crave Greasy Food When We’re Hung Over?
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- 21 Emotions For Which There Are No English Words [Infographic]
- Skip Out On The Elks Lodge, Die In A Traffic Accident
- On DARPA’s 2013 Wish List: Extreme Diving, Portable Brain Reading, And Gravity Vision
- Crazy Weight-Loss Schemes Through The Ages
- For The First Time, Astronomers See Giant Planets Helping Their Star Grow
- Why Everything You Read About Your Health Is Wrong
- The Goods: January 2013’s Hottest Gadgets
- NASA Considers Tugging An Asteroid Into Orbit Around The Moon
- Gorillas, Watermelons and Sperm: The Greatest Genomes Sequenced In 2012
- 10 Of The Best Home-Improvement Innovations Of 2012
- The Most Mind-Blowing 3-D Printed Objects Of 2012
- Does Pot Use Cause Psychosis, Or Does Psychosis Cause Pot Use?