This Week In The Future: Gimme A Beat
In the future, UFO sightings will totally ruin Neanderthal beatboxers' rhythm.
Want to win this tasty Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the T-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- Can I Have A Pet Fox?
- “Privacy Visor” Protects You From Facial Recognition Machines
- What Beatboxing Looks Like In An MRI Scan
- Is That A UFO In This Timelapse Video Of A Meteor Shower?
- Harvard Professor Seeks ‘Adventurous’ Human Woman To Birth A Neanderthal Baby (Update)
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- In An Era Of Climate Change, Where Will The Fish, And The Money, Go?
- Will This Fish Transform Medicine?
- How To Build A Hero
- Did Two Gunmen Target Martin Luther King Jr.? How A Single Slide Of Evidence Solved The Mystery
- A New Fleet Of Robot Asteroid Prospectors Will Launch By 2015
- GameSci: How To Preserve A Game You Can’t Pick Up And Hold
- In 5-Minute Journey, Flying Telescope Cracks Mystery Of Solar Atmosphere
- Twitter Launches Vine: It’s Like A Live-Editable GIF With Sound
- FYI: How Do You Make The Perfect Snowball?
- One Kilogram Of This New Polymer Material Can Turn A Swimming Pool To Jelly
- New Science Identifies Brain Damage In Living Football Players
- Happy Pie Day! 10 Useful Things You Can Make With A Pie Tin
- The Wheel Of Exotic Pets [Infographic]
- Why Do We Want To Squeeze Cute Things?
- BeerSci: What Is The Difference Between A Lager And An Ale?